Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Local Summer Vegetables


Food is one of my favorite topics. One of my favorite things to do is eat – whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner or a myriad of snacks between, it is a safe bet that I am thinking about food, recently ate food or am currently planning what food we might eat next. I am not a picky eater; I like most everything but am especially fond of local, fresh picked, in season food. I love the produce department in the supermarket (particularly Whole Foods), love all the local farm stands surrounding my out “in the boonies” house and especially love the things I grow in my own garden. It makes me so proud to have yummy full-grown vegetables that I grew myself around my kitchen. Today I took a picture of my cutting board before I put the salad together – such a proud moment of yumminess – all grown in Wrentham!

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors in relation to each other! The veggies look so fresh and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I almost have heartburn from those radishes! The ONLY way to eat radishes is straight from the garden like that! Brava!

    Gini

    ReplyDelete