Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chocolate Delight in Somerville

Hi Everyone,

I just tried a new restaurant in Somerville, called Bergamot. It’s at the corner of Beacon Street and Kirkland, not far from Porter Square. One of my neighbors urged me to go, and insisted that when I did I had to try the dessert known as Guajillo Chile Chocolate Pave. The first time I went to Bergamot, I couldn’t handle dessert, so I passed….but last week, I tried the bar menu (a bit on the lighter side) and saved room for this bit of chocolate decadence. It was well worth the calories, let me tell you! I guess I would describe it as almost like an amazing bar of chocolate….lying on a bed of apricot sauce…and here is the surprise…there are bits of pretzel crumbled sparingly…but just enough to give this dessert a chocolate, fruity, salty buzz…and did I forget to mention the hint of chile? It hits you as you savor the last bit of chocolate on your tongue. All I can say is YUM! What a way to end a great meal.

Toni

2 comments:

  1. Toni - wow is right - sounds delicious!
    Erin Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni -- Thanks for this recommendation! I'll definitely be trying it! A few years ago, Trader Joe's had a Mexican cocoa that had additional spices including chile in it. Very subtle, but very wonderful. Seemed to enhance the chocolate incredibly, but you really could hardly pick it out. This cocoa also had a dash of cloves, cinammon and nutmet in it as well.

    ReplyDelete