Sunday, July 11, 2010

Indian summer snack- Pani Puri

Hi this is Meenakshi.

My favorite food, at least what I have been thinking about on this hot day is Pani Puri. Pani Puris are a great snack for the summer. They are served with very spicy water, chickpeas and potatoes.

I use the short cut method. I don't need to make it from scratch now. I get the pooris from the Indian store and the mix for the water. and put it together. Love eating them on hot evenings.

But if you are adventurous, give it a try, cook and eat or just eating them the short cut way!!!




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley University said...
    The more I walk on this planet, the more I find similarities between eastern and western global traditions. Is the translation for 'Pani Puri' pure breads?
    I would love to know. The more I search for my roots, the more affinity I find with Indian traditions. I'll need to get to India someday and connect with its spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the incorporation of video - nice touch. Looks yummy!
    Erin Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip on making this the "short-cut" way! Now to find an Indian store in NH.

    Gini

    ReplyDelete